Brother Earth exists to reduce plastic waste
It's a many headed beast of a problem and we are hugely relieved that that our allies in the struggle include Trash Free Trails led by Dom Ferris.
This research does a number of important things:
- Crystallises what you know - that single use pollution on our trails reduces the pleasure of the adventure
- Highlights the contradiction (and required disconnection) that trail-goers drop single use pollution
- Demonstrates that what is found in our environment differs based on the activities it hosts - in this case Lucazade wins 'most present on our trails'
Why this is exciting?
- The route to reducing plastic waste requires understanding how it comes into existence and then how it gets into the environments we love
- This research has taken the time to understand the what and the why
The TFT Report points optimistically to both pre-consumer and post-consumer solutions
- Concepts like the deposit return schemes and extended producer responsibilities
- And improving the connection for trail-goers through outreach and communications.
What does it mean for our brothers?
- Plastic pollution matters and reducing plastic waste contributes to how much you enjoy the wild
- Taking action is good for you - pick up a bit of waste, support businesses that invest in zero waste solutions
- Get out on the trails - its good for you and you are good for them
Check out the full report
We know the time to act is now” 🏽
The #StateOfOurTrailsReport is a first of its kind study of single-use pollution on our trails. Collating data from the last three years and thousands of volunteer contributions, the Report sets the precedent evidence-led action to tackle pollution, helping protect the trails for future adventurers.
Read the Report and let’s #ProtectOurTrails 🌄